Full Lodge Booking
Full lodge booking includes exclusive use of the top two floors of the lodge, and shared use of the bottom floor, lower deck, and dock with Coast Mountain Expeditions. Note that we will only be offering shoulder season bookings for 2023.
Shoulder season rate: (March 15-June 10 & Sept 15-Oct 31): $600/night for up to 8 people + $50/night for each additional person.
*Cabana Suite will be made available at no extra charge for groups of 13 or more. Smaller groups can add the Cabana Suite for an additional $50/night.
Reservations & Payment
Please our Reservations page for available dates. A $150/night non-refundable deposit required at time of booking. Balance of payment, final group number, and room combinations due 30 days ahead of booking. No decreases to group size permitted past this date (we can sometimes accommodate increases).
>30 days ahead of booking: Lose $150/night deposit.
<30 days ahead of booking: Lose full payment amount.
Cancellations aren’t fun for anyone! Although almost everyone has a very valid reason for needing to cancel, please know that there are no exceptions to our cancellation policy. As a result, we strongly recommend purchasing robust third party cancellation insurance*.
Cancellation due to Covid 19: We ask that you understand that you are booking a trip in uncertain times. The Covid 19 situation will almost certainly change between now and trip start, and you should make travel plans accordingly. We cannot be responsible for cancelled flights, closed borders, travel advisories, or personal illness. As long as we feel that we can safely run operations on our end, there will be no exceptions to our cancellation policy. Should we deem it unsafe to operate, or be ordered to do so, we will offer a full refund.
Our cancellation charges include tax and apply from the date we are advised of your cancellation.
About the Lodge & Facilities
Discovery Islands Lodge features a spacious upstairs common area, well equipped kitchen, and floating wood fired dry sauna. The facility is totally off-grid, and powered primarily by solar with gas generator backup. Self-serve rental of the lodge includes full shared access to the dock area; you’ll have it to yourself most of the time, but we will continue to use the dock and downstairs areas of the lodge for Coast Mountain Expeditions kayaking activities.
The lodge has 8 rooms in total, plus a separate “Cabana Suite” that is made available to larger groups, or to smaller groups for an extra charge. Beds will be made up with a clean sheet, pillow & pillow case. You are responsible for bringing your own top-bedding (ie. sleeping bag or duvet and top sheet) and towel(s).
The lodge has four bathrooms with toilets & wash sinks. Bedrooms do not have bathrooms in them (except the Cabana Suite). There are two showers with hot & cold running water, and there is also a wood fired sauna on the dock.
Kayak rentals are available for lodge guests who meet our experience requirements. Note that we are not able to offer guided day trips or instruction during our 2022 season.
We have six regular rooms which have two single beds, one double bed, or single bunk beds. Maximum 2 people.
We have two family rooms that have one double bed and two single beds (bunk beds). Maximum 4 guests; 2 adult maximum.
Our cabana suite is located in a stand alone building with a private en-suite bathroom (showers shared). It can have either two single beds and one double, or two double beds. Maximum 2 guests.
What we provide:
- Full, exclusive use of top two floors of the lodge, shared access to dock and downstairs. Beds provided with clean bottom sheet, pillow, pillow case.
- Kitchen equipped with most dishes and cookware to prepare and serve meals for large groups.
- Firewood is provided; please be mindful of consumption.
- Quality rental kayaks, canoes, and paddle boards available.
What we don’t provide:
- Top bedding, towels
- Exclusive use of deck/dock (we will use the dock and downstairs bathroom area for our own kayaking programs and rentals).
- Wifi or cell service (there is a cell phone booster for one-at-a-time use).
- Any sort of lodge attendant (you will be on your own, but we are reachable and located 30 minutes away).
- Electronic kitchen appliances (apart from coffee grinder).
- Access to laundry services.
- Medium sized fridge/freezer unit. We recommend bringing coolers and ice packs for overflow if you have a large group.
- Propane stove with oven.
- Enough pots, pans, bakeware, dishes, serving dishes, cutlery, glasses, etc. to prepare and serve most meals for large groups.
- Coffee grinder, carafates, drip cone & filters.
Kitchen does NOT include:
- Basic condiments or supplies
- Tea or coffee
- Electric appliances/tools
It’s best to arrive with the food you’ll need for the duration of your stay. The nearest grocery store or restaurant is in Heriot Bay, which is approximately a 35-minute drive from the lodge. There are two well-stocked grocery stores on Quadra Island, at Heriot Bay and at Quathiaski Cove. Both carry a good selection of meat & seafood, dairy, fresh fruit and vegetables, organic-ethnic-specialty foods, bakery, wine, beer, and liquor.
About our off-grid location
Electricity: Our lodge is off-grid, and primarily powered by solar panels with a backup gas generator. Please reduce load on batteries by turning unused lights off. There is usually enough electricity to charge cameras, phones, and laptops. High draw electrical items with heating elements such as coffee makers, toasters, and hair dryers, cannot ever be used. We are not able to charge electric vehicles at this time. Your group will be responsible for the simple task of monitoring battery levels and turning on a generator when necessary.
Hot water: Hot water is provided via on-demand propane heaters. We are committed to being part of the global effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Please help us by minimizing hot water use.
Emergency: Discovery Islands Lodge is in a remote location. Ambulance service is at least one hour away. A trip to the hospital may take several hours, especially at night, and stresses limited emergency services. Please use caution around the water, when walking on slippery decks, always use lights/flashlights at night, and avoid excessive use of alcohol.
Fire safety: We are located outside the Quadra Island fire protection area. We take fire prevention very seriously.
- Extra care must be taken with wood stove fires.
- Oven, cookstove, & BBQ’s should be monitored continuously when in use. Check that they are turned off when finished!
- Smoking (and vaping) of all substances only permitted on the paved driveway area.
- Be familiar with locations of all fire extinguishers and evacuation plans.
- Check-in time 3pm, check-out time 10am.
- Please let us know exactly when you will arrive so we can coordinate to meet you for lodge orientation.
- Access to the dock area may be possible by special arrangement before and after these times.
Please be aware that we will be following all public health orders, and we reserve the right to modify the services we offer in order to be in compliance. Please be kind and be ready to mask up when you’re indoors with one of our staff members.